Join The Legion!
If you are on active duty today, SERVING HONORABLY, anywhere in the world, or have served HONORABLY during any eligible war eras, become a member of The American Legion!
We’re veterans just like you, nearly 3 million strong, who care about America, veterans and their families and our nation’s youth. The Legion is a powerful voice in Washington dedicated to preserving the rights we’ve all earned – and were promised – by service to our nation in uniform.
We invite you to join us now. Membership brings an impressive array of benefits. The American Legion is always there for you and your family – in Washington and nearly 15,000 local posts throughout America and abroad. Just like you, we’re “Still Serving America!”
Additional Information on Membership can be obtained by contacting the Internal Affairs Division.
Membership Eligibility Requirements
- April 6, 1917 to November 11, 1918 (World War I)
- December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (World War II)
- June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- February 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- August 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon/Grenada)
- December 20, 1989 to January 31, 1990 (Panama)
- August 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War/War On Terrorism)
JOIN US TODAY! There are many different ways to join.
Member Application Forms
Click on the images below to download a printable application form
- American Legion – Membership fee is $40.00
- American Legion Auxiliary – Membership fee is $30.00 for those 19 and older. Junior membership fee is $5.00
- Sons of The American Legion – Membership fee is $25 , unless you are already a regular American Legion member in which case it’s $8.00 for dual membership
- American Legion Riders – No membership fee, but you must be a current member of one of the above branches of The American Legion to apply
All membership applications must be signed by the applicant, then mailed along with the necessary fee to:
North Branch American Legion Post 85
PO box 87
North Branch, MN 55056
Any questions regarding applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-674-6100.