North Branch Post #85
- Membership Meeting: Oct. 11th @ 7:00PM
- Auxiliary Meeting: Oct. 11th @ 7:00PM
- SAL Meeting: Oct. 18th @ 7:00PM
- Legion Riders Meeting: Oct. 6th @ 7:00PM
- Coffee Talk with the CVSO: Oct 18th @ 9:00AM
Rick Hals, Commander
Greetings to all. I don’t have a lot to pass on, just a few things that are happening.
- The hall will be painted this Tuesday and Wednesday and we are still waiting for the side door to be repaired.
- The parking lot patching repairs have been completed.
- Mark Johnson, Membership Director asks that everyone who needs renew, to please do so. We are 60% of goal as of this writing.
- The Veterans Memorial at booth at Fall Harvest Festival drew interest from a lot of people.
- Veterans Dinner, sponsored by the Squadron #85 Sons of American Legion will be held on Friday, November 11th with social hour from 5:00-6:00PM in the hall.
- The monthly membership meeting is on Oct. 11th at 7 PM, I look to forward to seeing everyone.
Michelle Still, Auxiliary President
A big thank you for the support for our school supply drive. We collected $258 worth of supplies, which were given to Sunrise Elementary. The principal and staff were very appreciative.
Randy Koivisto, Sgt. At Arms
- Blood Drive: On Friday, November 4th , The American Legion is hosting a Red Cross blood drive at the Legion. Volunteers are needed, and of course, donors too. If you wish to be a donor, please check out the Red Cross website to reserve an appointment. The hours will be from 9-3. Volunteers are needed, as well as donors. Even if you can only volunteer for a couple of hours it would be greatly appreciated.
- Veterans Memorial: The design plans are back from the company in Ohio that will be doing the design work on the Veteran’s Memorial in Central Park. There will be a presentation of the design at the next Coffee Talk with the County VSO on Tuesday, October 18th, , from 9 to 10 am, in our hall. All interested veterans should attend. We had a booth at the Fall Harvest Festival in Central Park in September and received nothing but positive comments about the proposed design and the its location.
Ed Chromey, Chaplain (Post & Riders)
Please keep in prayer for our Country. With the way food and gas prices are going a lot of people are hurting. GOD is our only answer.
NBALR had an impromptu motorcycle ride Sunday 10/2 letting them enjoy the fall colors around the immediate area. The group had an enjoyable time together an rode close to 200 miles.
The ALR is currently working on their Christmas dinner plans for veteran families in need in our area.
Their By-Laws have been updated and were approved by the membership. They will be turned over to our Public Relations Committee to be placed on our website.
Ron Rollins, Adjutant
Personally, it’s been a very busy month. September went by in a flash. I can’t believe it’s October already. I’m not ready for the 4th of July to be over yet!
Membership renewals are now being accepted for the Legion Family. Please get those in to keep our Post strong. If you are at the Legion you may put your dues into the mailbox and the top of the stairs to the meeting room. Legion members may pay at the bar. Do not leave cash without it being in a sealed envelope with your name and purpose for the “membership dues.” Legion Riders members: pay your dues directly to your original membership directors (or mailboxes). The Riders membership director monitors the paid memberships, he/she does not collect the dues.
If you are planning on going to the Fall Conference, in St. Cloud a registration is below. Great learning and networking opportunities here.
- Oct. 27-29 Department Fall Conference – St. Cloud